Selected Lectures by Marco Deseriis
* “Black Square on Red Square: A Reexamination of Irwin’s Retroprinciple.” (Re)Making (Re)presentation Graduate Conference, CUNY Graduate Center, New York City, May 2010.
* “On the Disowning Function: Alan Smithee and YoMango!” Cultural Studies Association conference, University of California, Berkeley, March 2010.
* “The Faker as Producer: The Politics of Fabrication and the Three Orders of the Fake.” Neil Postman Graduate Conference, New York University, New York City, October 2009.
* “Culture Jamming as Mythmaking: How Power Narratives are Transformed into Tools for Storytelling.” Cultural Studies Association conference, Kansas City (MO), April 2009.
* “Net.Art: The Art of Networking between Past and Present.” Tomorrow Now, New Media Art Conference, Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa, Venezia, Italy, December 2007.
* “Lots of Money Because I Am Many: The Luther Blissett Project and Radical Mythmaking in Italy (1994-2004). Human Rights and Media Conference II, Harvard, Cambridge (MA), April 2007.
* Human Rights and Media Conference I, Harvard, Cambridge (MA), 2006. (Representing The Yes Men).
* TECHNE, New Media Art Exhibition and Lecture Series, Spazio Oberdan, Milano, Italy, 2005
* The War of the Worlds, Art & Activism Conference, New York University, NY, 2005
* Sintesi Electronic Arts Festival, Napoli, Italy, 2004
* Free Bitflows, Media Activism and Free Culture Conference, Vienna, Austria, 2004
* What is Net.Art?, Symposium, 50th Venice Biennale, Venezia, Italy, 2003
* Libri in Campo, Book Fair, Roma, Italy, 2003
* World-Information, Novi Sad, Serbia, 2003 (Representing 0100101110101101.ORG)
* Read Me!, Software Art Festival, Moscow, Russia, 2002 (On behalf of The Yes Men)
* Transmediale, Berlin, Germany, 2002 (On behalf of The Yes Men)
* TILT, Tactical Media Festival, Sydney, Australia, 2001
* Tenacity, Shedalle, Zurich, Switzerland, 2000
* Radars & Fences I, II and III: When the Paradigms of Discipline and Control Collide, New York University, 2008-2010.
* The Influencers, CCCB, Barcelona, 2006-10 (Advising and Development)
* Vote Early, Vote Often, A Weekend of Arts in Action, TheChangeYouWanttoSee Gallery, New York, October 2008.
* Connessioni Leggendarie: Net.Art 1995-2005, Net.Art Exhibition, Mediateca di Santa Teresa, Milano, Italy, 2005.
* Digital-is-not-Analog, Net.Art Festival, Bologna and Campobasso, Italy, 2000-2002